Your Medical Records @ Your Fingertips™
HIPAA regulations along with the government’s drive to implement Electronic Medical Records (EMR) or Electronic Health Records (EHR) are prompting hospitals and medical practices to digitize their medical charts. As many hospitals and medical practices do not have the infrastructure to convert large volumes of paper charts into digital, many are turning to ForensiS for patient chart and medical record scanning. Through our state of the art document imaging service, we adhere to all HIPAA regulations and maintain the highest security precautions and quality to keep your confidential medical records and information secure.
Patient Chart and Medical Record Scanning
- Business Associate Agreement: Prior to commencing work, ForensiS will enter into a Business Associate Agreement with all Covered Entities in compliance with HIPAA regulations prior to commencing work for patient chart and medical record scanning.
- Supplies: ForensiS will provide client with ForensiS boxes for shipment.
- Pickup: ForensiS will pick up boxes from your medical facility.
- Indexing: Each file will be indexed by patient name and patient number. Charts can also be separated by tabs within each chart.
- Document Preparation: All binding instruments will be removed from files prior to scanning.
- Scanning: All documents will be scanned at 300DPI into text searchable PDF’s.
- Full Quality Assurance: Every image scanned will be analyzed to make sure it is an exact duplication of the original.
- Optical Character Recognition: All documents will go through the OCR process, rendering all images text searchable.
- Output: All files will be delivered on DVD’s.
- Secure Shredding: Forensis will hold all physical files for a period of 3 months then securely shred the files.
- Two Hour Guarantee on File Requests: While the files are being processed at ForensiS, if client needs access to a document or medical record, ForensiS will securely email the document or file to Client within 2 hours of request.
- Upload into your Current EHR or EMR: ForensiS is able to integrate the finished product into most EMR and EHR systems. ForensiS will work directly with your EMR or EHR provider to ensure proper integration.
Want all your patient charts scanned in 1 weekend?
Based on a high demand, Forensis has a weekend scanning unit devoted entirely to patient chart and medical record scanning. This medical chart scanning service was developed and designed for the convenience of the medical industry to have all patient charts scanned in 1 weekend without any business interruptions. If you are interested in our complete weekend service, please contact us today to reserve your spot.
ForensiS is completely HIPAA compliant and will enter into a business associate agreement, per HIPAA regulations, with all covered entities. By converting your medical records into digital format, it will make it much easier for your practice to comply with the Fair and Accurate Credit Reporting Act (FACTA), Sabanes-Oxley Act and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
No Job too Big or too Small
ForensiS is uniquely situated to offer our services to both small, medium, or large medical offices and hospitals. We will work with your staff to meet all of your goals and objectives.
Onsite and Offsite Scanning
Depending on the specifications for each job, ForensiS offers both onsite and offsite scanning. For offsite scanning, at our facility, we offer unique services that will allow your office to run smoothly while Forensis is processing your files. This includes, but is not limited to, scan on demand service while files are being processed, or our complete weekend service. On the other hand, if you prefer scanning at your facility, Forensis has a team devoted to Onsite scanning and we can set up a temporary scanning operation at your facility.